Algoriddim Unleashes Video and Music Mash-Ups for the Masses With New vjay App for iPhone and New iPod touch
Now Anyone Can Quickly Mix and Scratch Like the Pros and Instantly Share Personal Video Creations From iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 via Facebook and YouTube
November 15, 2012 --
MUNICH, GERMANY -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Algoriddim, creators of the popular music-mixing djay apps for Mac, iPhone and iPad, today launched vjay for iPhone, a video-music mixing app that makes it easy for all users -- from novice to pro -- to create, edit and share custom video mash-ups with user-generated or professionally produced content. Whether setting family video or photo moments to a customized soundtrack or cranking out Top 40 video mixes, anyone with an iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or even the new iPod touch can mix music or video -- either personal or downloaded media -- with added special effects to share your personal one-of-a-kind experiences with friends, fans and family members.
The new vjay directly integrates with iPhone's video-recording element in the camera app, includes pre-bundled video content from electro-pop superstars Far East Movement, video artist Eclectic Method, DJ & MC master J-Live, and many other clips and loops so fans can sample and add their favorite beats and begin mixing music and video content right away. A broad library of content from iTunes is also available through vjay. Users can play the custom-made music and video mash-ups directly to a TV, or record their performances live to share via Facebook and YouTube.
"We've always been about using technology to discover new ways to create and spread the music," said Kev Nish, Far East Movement. "The collaboration with Algoriddim on the Turn Up The Love x Digital Graffiti Project in downtown L.A. was a lot of fun and a big hit. This new ability to share one-of-a-kind music and video mash-ups with fans on Facebook and YouTube with our iPhones is really breakthrough."
The new vjay app takes advantage of the wider real estate on the new iPhone 5 and latest iPod touch to deliver a realistic video-mixing experience with added mixing elements that simplify the user experience. It fully leverages the iPhone 5's powerful A6 processor and Apple's A5 chip in the iPod touch, so users can simultaneously manipulate multiple music and video streams in real time to build professional-grade creations.
"Our goal at Algoriddim is to create a world where every single person can be an artist and bring their favorite memories to life by creating and sharing music and video mash-ups on the fly," said Karim Morsy, CEO and co-founder of Algoriddim. "For the first time, we're giving everyday users the ability to capture and express themselves through video content using their smartphones. With built-in Facebook and YouTube support for vjay, users can instantly share their creations while on the go from anywhere."
Algoriddim is best known for its advanced audio technology including a variety of special effects including auto-zooming waveforms, beat and tempo matching and more. vjay's performance features go far beyond the sleek interface -- including audiovisual effects that blend songs and videos seamlessly together.
Some notable key features include:
- Full integration with iTunes Store content for easier search, preview and in-app purchase - Browse, preview and purchase iTunes music video content directly within the app. Users can also efficiently search for iTunes video content with find-as-you-type search functionality, and fast forward and rewind previews to make sure the selection is right.
- Support for four-inch retina display and powerful processor on iPhone 5 and iPod touch - Experience a new level of functionality with new wider screens on the iPhone 5 and iPod touch, along with a dynamic user interface in both portrait and landscape orientation. Users can also download music videos and mash-ups with added bandwidth at blazing-fast speeds.
- Pre-bundled content - Algoriddim has partnered with several amazing artists and brands to provide the vjay app with a pre-bundled videos to get users started right away -- including custom clips from Far East Movement; a music video from Parov Stelar; dance video from Lil'Buck and Yak Films; content from pioneering visual artists Eclectic Method; action and sports footage; and animated VJ loops.
- Instant Facebook and YouTube sharing - With one simple touch, instantly share your one-of-a-kind vjay media mash-ups via Facebook and YouTube.
- Support for multi-route audio - This feature lets users display their main video mix to a television, computer monitor or any external monitor via HDMI while simultaneously previewing the sound through a built-in iPhone, iPod or iPad's headphone jack.
Algoriddim also upgraded its popular vjay for iPad app to mirror the feature set of the iPhone edition -- optimized for iOS 6. vjay for iPad now comes with several new features like multiple cue-points and a new full portrait mode to support the Numark iDJ Pro MIDI controller to give it a professional edge.
Pricing and availability:
vjay combines the worlds of music and video in an innovative and creative way, and paves the way for the next generation of personal and professional video creativity. Directly integrated with iTunes, vjay allows users to take their favorite videos, music, and music videos and combine them simultaneously into an interactive audiovisual experience. vjay for iPhone is available on models 4S and 5, and the latest iPod touch.
Algoriddim, founded in 2006, creates state of the art music and video applications for Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Combining sophisticated technology with intuitive design, Algoriddim eliminates the boundaries between consumer and professional-level software. Algoriddim's goal is to create a world where every person can be an artist and bring their digital media to life.
djay, Algoriddim's flagship product, is popular with an international audience of consumers, professional DJs, and renowned artists. It won prestigious awards including the "2011 Apple Design Award" and was selected as "iPad App of the Year" by Apple in more than 100 countries as part of "App Store Rewind 2011."
vjay, launched June 2012, unlocks unprecedented artistic opportunities for anyone and redefines how people interact with video and music.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Atomic PR in San Francisco
Copyright @ Marketwire