Practice Fusion Reveals Health Trends in Partnership with The Dr. Oz Show
Powering the national "15 Minute Physical" tour nationwide, the free Electronic Medical Record (EMR) company has aggregated data findings to reveal new insights about patient health
December 12, 2012 --
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --Practice Fusion, the nation's largest doctor-patient community, is included in the December 13 broadcast of The Dr. Oz Show's "Dr. Oz on Location! The Biggest Life Saving Hour in Oz History." The episode features a tape package and real life case studies from the national "15-Minute Physical" tour in which The Dr. Oz Show brought preventive screenings to thousands of individuals across the country. The "15 Minute Physical" which has already been conducted in six cities using Practice Fusion's free, web-based EMR, is provided free of charge and has helped hundreds of patients identify health concerns of which they were previously unaware. For Practice Fusion's Research Division, it has also been an opportunity to analyze the comprehensive health data collected to identify critical health trends unique to each city.
"We couldn't have performed these '15 Minute Physicals' without Practice Fusion," said Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD. "This is a life-saving technology being used toward the crucial goal of empowering people with a clear awareness of their health issues. Technology such as Practice Fusion's free EMR will ultimately lead to an improved generation of medical care and a better outcome in the doctors' office."
- Practice Fusion is a free, web-based EMR platform used by 150,000 medical professionals serving 50 million patients nationwide.
- Dr. Oz's "15-Minute Physicals" have been provided free of charge for thousands of residents in Philadelphia, Penn., Tampa, Fla., Portland, Ore., Washington, D.C., Pittsburgh, Penn., and Kansas City, Mo.
- Among participating cities, Washington, D.C. ranks as the heaviest, with more than 50 percent of patients exhibiting obesity, and Philadelphia ranks as the most hypertensive, with more than 40 percent of patients displaying high blood pressure, according to Practice Fusion's data analysis.
- Additional analysis reveals that Portland, Ore. is one of the healthiest cities of those participating, with more than 50 percent of participants reporting at least three hours of exercise per week and six percent consuming six or more servings of fruit a day.
- More Practice Fusion research insights from Dr. Oz's "15 Minute Physicals" can be found at www.doctoroz.com
"Our mission has always been to save lives by putting information in the hands of doctors and patients. Our work with The Dr. Oz Show demonstrates this," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "We're helping doctors give patients the information they need to make good health decisions. And we're using our unique perspective on the data to identify trends that will inform decisions about patient healthboth citywide and nationwide."
Viewers can see the unique stories of people who participated in the "15 Minute Physical" and discovered concerning health issues in a special episode of The Dr. Oz Show that will air on Thursday, December 13. Local listings are available at www.doctoroz.com. For more on Practice Fusion's Research Division, please visit www.practicefusion.com/research/.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EMR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing, lab integrations, referrals, Meaningful Use, unlimited support, iPad access, and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing electronic medical record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company announced a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
Name: Margaret Farrell
Phone: (415) 992-7534
SOURCE Practice Fusion
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved