Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Another Code: Recollection, Unicorn Overlord, DAVE THE DIVER and Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown Also Featured in Video Presentation
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#nintendoswitch–Nintendo pulled back the curtain during the most recent Nintendo Direct video presentation and unveiled details on a wide variety of games that will set the stage for the Nintendo Switch system throughout this year and next, including information about the new title starring Princess Peach, as well as games from Nintendo’s development and publishing partners.
First introduced earlier this summer, Princess Peach entered the spotlight of this Nintendo Direct with a new trailer for Princess Peach: Showtime!, her newest leading role that features a variety of new transformations and sour foes to overcome, launching on Nintendo Switch March 22, 2024. The Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Side Order DLC was also shown with newly surfaced details and a scheduled spring 2024 launch. In addition, a visually enhanced version of the Nintendo GameCube game Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door was announced for Nintendo Switch, with more information to be shared in the future. Plus, a new entry in the F-ZERO series was revealed with F-ZERO 99, a multiplayer racing game in which 99 players vie for first place, launching today and available exclusively for Nintendo Switch Online members.
The presentation also highlighted many games from Nintendo’s global publishing and development partners, including Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft, a remastered collection of classic Tomb Raider games; Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, a new adventure set in a mythological Persian world; Unicorn Overlord, which lets players embark on a royal adventure and fight against fate in the timeless RPG from the creators of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim; Trombone Champ, a rootin’ tootin’ rhythm music game that features Joy-Con motion controls and local multiplayer* to create a chaotic cacophonous chorus; and DAVE THE DIVER, a deep-sea exploration and restaurant-management adventure with quirky friends to meet and underwater mysteries to discover.
To view the entire Nintendo Direct video, visit https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-14-2023/. Here’s more information about the featured games:
- Princess Peach: Showtime!: The leading lady is ready for her spotlight on Nintendo Switch. Just as Princess Peach and her retinue of Toads are attending a show at the Sparkle Theater, the wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch take center stage to cause a ruckus. Now it’s up to Peach and Stella, the theater’s guardian, to save the play – and the day. Luckily, Peach has gained some showstopping abilities: She can now use the power of Stella’s ribbon – and she can transform! For example, Peach can become a Swordfighter to fend off foes with sensational swordplay, mix it up with martial arts moves as Kung Fu Peach or show off her sweet skills as a pastry chef. And one more thing – she can even crack the case as Detective Peach! In this adventure, the gameplay changes depending on Peach’s role, and even more surprising transformations are waiting to be revealed. Princess Peach: Showtime! makes its debut on Nintendo Switch March 22, 2024. Pre-orders are available now on Nintendo eShop and at select retailers.
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door: The Nintendo GameCube game returns with updated graphics. Turn the page and join Mario and friends in an RPG adventure to discover the legendary treasure behind the ancient Thousand-Year Door. Will Mario complete his papery quest, or will he crumple under the pressure? Find out when Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door unfolds on Nintendo Switch in 2024. More information about this game will be available in the future.
- F-ZERO 99: Rev up your engines and get ready to tear up the track, because with 99 racers on the course the margin for error is zero! F-ZERO 99 features courses and machines from the original Super NES game in challenging multiplayer* races brimming with high-speed, high-stakes action. Your Power Meter is your key to first place – it will decrease if you crash, or you can burn some of it to fuel a temporary speed boost. If the meter runs out, you’re eliminated! You can even relive your F-ZERO glory days with the Super NES controller**, available exclusively to Nintendo Switch Online members. Plus, complete goals while racing to unlock cosmetic options for your machine, so you can be as flashy as you are fast. Race your way to first place in F-ZERO 99, available exclusively for active Nintendo Switch Online members … later today!
- Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft: Uncover treasures and mysteries of the ancient world alongside Lara Croft in three classic Tomb Raider adventures – now remastered and featuring each game’s expansion content. Face off against deadly foes, reveal dangerous myths and solve puzzles with upgraded graphics and the option to switch to the original polygonal look at any time. Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft is available for pre-order later today and launches digitally in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com on Feb. 14, 2024, just in time to celebrate Lara Croft’s birthday!
- Trombone Champ: Get ready to toot your own … trombone?! Honk, blow and toot through over 45 songs in this trombone-based rhythm music game. Better playing means more toots to earn. The Nintendo Switch version includes local multiplayer*, allowing up to four players to pitch together in (relative) harmony. Plus, move to the beat with Motion Controls, collect cards and meet mysterious characters along the way to becoming top brass of the Trombiverse. Trombone Champ launches in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com later today!
- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown: Prince of Persia returns in this action-adventure platformer. Meet new characters, uncover mysteries and explore an engaging narrative set in a mythological Persian world in this new installment of the legendary franchise. Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown launches on Nintendo Switch Jan. 18, 2024. Pre-orders are available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD: Explore multiple spooky mansions and clean house as the easily scared Luigi in this visually enhanced version of Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon. Evershade Valley is filled with chilling locales to visit and clever ghosts to capture. Luckily, Luigi has the tools for the job – like the Strobulb to stun enemies and his trusty Poltergust to vacuum up ghosts or interact with the environment. Good thing, because his paranormal escapades will take him to a variety of places, including a former plant research lab, a broken-down clock factory and an icy, snow-covered mine, just to name a few. Plus, hunt ghosts with up to four players online*** in group “exorcises” across different multiplayer modes, or conjure up fun frights in the local multiplayer* ScareScraper mode. Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD creeps onto Nintendo Switch summer 2024.
- Another Code: Recollection: The Nintendo DS game Trace Memory and its Wii sequel – which was never released in North America – are coming together, fully enhanced, on the Nintendo Switch system. A young girl named Ashley receives a letter from her father, who she thought had passed away. Seeking answers, she sets off for a solitary island in search of him. Once there, Ashley encounters puzzles and obstacles that threaten to hinder her investigation. Find the traces of her past and experience the full story for the first time in Another Code: Recollection, launching on Nintendo Switch Jan. 19, 2024. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop.
- Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story: This crafting RPG is set in the magical world of Bandle City – a region that’s home to the furry and fun-loving Yordles. Play as a shy Yordle whose world is thrown into chaos when portals connecting Bandle City collapse. With the help of knitting magic, new friends and an unflappable spirit, players can help the Yordles restore the portals and reunite Bandle City. Bandle Tale: A League of Legends Story launches on Nintendo Switch next year.
- Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story: This single-player, story-driven adventure follows League of Legends champions, and best friends, Nunu and Willump. Experience their unbreakable bond as they go on the ultimate road trip through the mysterious region of the Freljord and meet legendary champions along the way. Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story launches on Nintendo Switch on Nov. 1.
- Among Us Fungle Map: Grab your crew and get ready to explore a brand-new map in Among Us, the hit online*** multiplayer game of teamwork and betrayal. Welcome to the Fungle, a mysterious, mushroom-filled island teeming with hiding spots, tasks and secrets to discover – but beware of the Impostors bent on eliminating everyone! The Fungle map comes to Among Us this October.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: The rivalry that heated up on the Game Boy Advance system reignites on Nintendo Switch. Donkey Kong has stolen the Mini-Mario toys, and Mario is determined to track him down and get them back! Use your brain and brawn to make it through a barrel of increasingly challenging levels – and in this updated version of the game, you can even play with a friend in local co-op. Grab keys and navigate perilous platforms with handstand jumps and backflips and lead the Mini-Mario toys to safety. Then, prepare to face Donkey Kong head on! Mario vs. Donkey Kong launches on Nintendo Switch Feb. 16, 2024. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop.
- Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Side Order: Challenge your slick skills in this new single-player campaign. Introducing the Spire of Order, where you’ll strengthen your character’s abilities as you ascend the Spire’s floors again and again. Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass – Side Order**** for the Splatoon 3 game is planned to release in spring 2024.
- Super Mario RPG: The Super NES game is back with updated graphics and new features. Mario and Bowser form an unprecedented alliance to take on a fearsome foe, and joining them are Princess Peach and original characters Mallow and Geno. In battle, time your button presses with Action Commands to increase damage dealt or decrease damage received. Now when you time your attacks perfectly, you can damage all enemies at once. Successful Action Commands will fill the Action Gauge that, when full, will unleash a three-character Triple Move. The Triple Move changes based on your current party, so try out different combos. Just like the original game, you’ll encounter bosses with colorful personalities in your adventure. This time, once you clear the game, you can challenge some of them again – but these powered-up bosses won’t be easy! Super Mario RPG comes down the pipe on Nintendo Switch Nov. 17. Pre-orders are available now in Nintendo eShop and at select retailers.
- DAVE THE DIVER: Dive by day! Serve by night! Explore the deep sea and manage a sushi bar in this single-player, casual adventure RPG. Join Dave and his quirky friends as they seek to uncover the secrets lurking in the depths of the mysterious Blue Hole. Unravel an ocean’s worth of mysteries, play minigames, complete side quests and maintain a successful sushi business in this marine-themed adventure. DAVE THE DIVER splashes down first for consoles on Nintendo Switch Oct. 26. Pre-orders and a free demo of the game are available now in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com.
- Wargroove 2: Take to the battlefield, sea and sky and use your wits to wage turn-based battles in a new adventure, filled with unlikely friendships and unknown adversaries. Featuring signature pixel art and an interweaving story, Wargroove 2 brings together three campaigns, a new roguelike game mode and a fresh cast of Commanders, including the newly revealed faction of mousefolk, the Faahri. Wargroove 2 enters the fray on Nintendo Switch Oct. 5. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com.
- Horizon Chase 2: Gear up for high-speed arcade action and burn rubber in Horizon Chase 2, the next evolution of the award-winning racing franchise. Soak in the pulsating hues of scenic racetracks and employ sharp skills to beat your opponents to the finish line. Join friends for local multiplayer* racing or take on rivals in heated online challenges. Plus, assemble an Online Crew*** and make progress together in the World Tour mode or compete head-to-head for personal glory. Horizon Chase 2 goes full throttle on Nintendo Switch later today!
- WarioWare: Move It!: Join Wario and visit a tropical resort brimming with a multitude of motion-based microgames. But there’s no time to unwind, because these lightning-fast microgames are served to you one after another – so get ready to get moving! Up to four players* can gently shake, wiggle and battle it out locally in Party Mode. With over 200 microgames and multiplayer modes aplenty, everyone’s in for a laugh with Wario. WarioWare: Move It! launches on the Nintendo Switch system Nov. 3. Pre-orders are available now in Nintendo eShop.
- Detective Pikachu Returns: This detective’s got a second bolt of brilliance! In this cinematic adventure, Detective Pikachu and his partner Tim Goodman investigate various cases around Ryme City while searching for Harry, Tim’s missing father. They’ll also work with other Pokémon to broaden the scope of their investigations as they follow scents with Growlithe, smash rocks with Darmanitan and peer through walls with Luxray. Can Tim and Pikachu solve all the mysteries and find Tim’s father? Find out when Detective Pikachu Returns launches on Nintendo Switch Oct. 6. Pre-orders are available now on Nintendo eShop and at select retailers.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 6: The final wave of DLC**** for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game is nearing the finish line! Drift and drive under an amber sky in Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart Wii. Or put the pedal to the metal with more returning characters, including Diddy Kong from Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Funky Kong from Mario Kart Wii and, from the Mario Kart Tour game, Pauline and Peachette! Wave 6 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass DLC sails onto Nintendo Switch this holiday season. Active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack*** members can enjoy this DLC at no additional cost. The DLC can also be purchased on its own. Stay tuned for more information in the future.
- SPY×ANYA: Operation Memories: Anya Forger has a new school assignment: create a photo diary. Spend time with Anya’s family and friends at school, home, the beach, museums and other familiar places, and take pictures to fill up her photo diary with memorable moments. In addition to outings, play a variety of minigames to unlock costumes and add some flair to Anya’s memories by dressing everyone up in style. SPY×ANYA: Operation Memories launches on Nintendo Switch next year.
- Super Crazy Rhythm Castle: An unforgettably chaotic rhythm adventure is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. Time your button presses with the music to solve puzzles and battle bosses, and rock out to over 30 thrilling tracks – including songs from fan-favorite Konami games. Can you perfect “Bloody Tears” and “Vampire Killer” from Castlevania? Turn up the volume for Super Crazy Rhythm Castle when it launches on Nintendo Switch Nov. 14. Pre-orders begin today in Nintendo eShop and in the My Nintendo Store on Nintendo.com.
- Contra: Operation Galuga: The legendary Contra series is back! Contra: Operation Galuga is a modern reimagining of the classic run-‘n’-gun action game from the ’80s, featuring modern graphics and sound. Encounter new stages, new play mechanics, an updated weapons system and explosive co-op combat for up to two players* in Story Mode or four players in Arcade Mode. Contra: Operation Galuga is rocketing to Nintendo Switch in early 2024.
- Wartales: Lead a group of mercenaries in their quest for infamy and fortune across a vast, medieval world in Wartales. Customize your group’s appearance, skills and equipment, then craft a cunning strategy to overcome your foes in tactical turn-based combat. Plus, up to four players* can share command of a troop and overcome foes as a team in online*** multiplayer. Wartales launches on Nintendo Switch later today!
- New amiibo figures are on the way! Zelda and Ganondorf from The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will release individually on Nov. 3; Noah and Mio from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 will be arriving as a set on Jan. 19, 2024; dropping in 2024, the final DLC fighter from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate … Sora from Kingdom Hearts! With the release of Sora, all Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighters will have their own amiibo figures.
- Unicorn Overlord: Fight against fate and embark on a royal adventure to regain your reign in the timeless RPG Unicorn Overlord. From the creators of 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Unicorn Overlord combines overworld exploration and an innovative battle system in the iconic Vanillaware style. Traverse the vibrant world, cultivate a grand army with over 60 distinct characters and grow your renown throughout the five nations in this epic fantasy experience. Liberate your kingdom and reclaim your destiny! Unicorn Overlord launches on Nintendo Switch March 8, 2024.
- SaGa Emerald Beyond: A multilayered RPG full of rich stories awaits in SaGa Emerald Beyond! Experience the distinct and dramatic stories of six heroes with vastly different backgrounds, including a young man who fights with sentient puppets, a witch masking her identity, a crime-fighting duo, a songstress mech who lost her voice and body and a recently awakened king of darkness. Select a hero, then follow their journey through 17 interconnected worlds as they forge their own unique branching stories that unfold based on your choices and actions. Think strategically to master the turn-based combat to delay enemy actions and unleash devastating United Attacks. How the story unfolds is in your hands. SaGa Emerald Beyond launches on Nintendo Switch next year.
- Eastward: Octopia: Enter a parallel world of Eastward in this upcoming DLC**** adventure. Sam and John return as farmers in a remote mountainside village to start life anew. Work the land, tend livestock and cook heartwarming meals for familiar – yet strangely different – friends. Enjoy the good life in peaceful pixel surroundings in this country life sim. Eastward: Octopia launches on Nintendo Switch this holiday season.
- Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes: Lead more than 100 distinct heroes and save the war-torn continent of Allraan in this modern take on a classic JRPG experience. Confront foes in strategic Duels and intense War Battles, recruit allies, manage your town and create your ideal six-character party in your campaign against the power-seeking Galdean Empire. Shape your story by dint of sword when Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes launches on Nintendo Switch April 23, 2024.
- BATTLE CRUSH: Experience adrenaline-fueled action with simple, fast-paced gameplay in a 30-player*** brawl-for-all! Join an intense showdown between characters fighting to reach the top and feel the rush of excitement as you jump, swim and soar across the battlefield to crush your rivals. BATTLE CRUSH slams onto Nintendo Switch next spring. A closed beta test will be available this October.
Remember that Nintendo Switch features parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about other features, visit https://www.nintendo.com/switch/.
* Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.
** Any paid Nintendo Switch Online membership required to purchase controller(s). Limit four purchases per controller per Nintendo Account. Offer not available for free trial holders. Controller(s) ships to the U.S. and Canada only. Controller(s) is optional and not required to play the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online collections of games.
*** Any Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online features. Paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack required to play the Nintendo 64 – Nintendo Switch Online, Game Boy Advance – Nintendo Switch Online and SEGA Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online collections of games, and to access the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Animal Crossing: New Horizons – Happy Home Paradise and Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC at no additional cost. Membership auto-renews after initial term at the then-current price unless canceled. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply. nintendo.com/switch/online
**** Full version of game required to use DLC for that game. Sold separately.
About Nintendo: Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, has created franchises that have become household names worldwide, including Mario™, Donkey Kong™, The Legend of Zelda™, Metroid™, Pokémon™, Animal Crossing™, Pikmin™ and Splatoon™, through its integrated hardware and software products. Nintendo aims to deliver unique, intuitive entertainment experiences for everyone, manufacturing and marketing video game devices such as the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems, developing and operating applications for smart devices, and collaborating with partners on a range of other entertainment initiatives like visual content and theme parks. Nintendo has sold more than 5.6 billion video games and over 800 million hardware units globally. From the launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System™ more than 30 years ago, through today and into the future, Nintendo’s continuing mission is to create unique entertainment that puts smiles on the faces of people all over the world. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at https://www.nintendo.com/.
About Pokémon: The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit https://www.pokemon.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at https://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.