Expansion Results in 200% Increase in Bookings in EMEA
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#DNS—NS1, a leader in next generation application networking, today announced it closed out the second half of 2019 with a 100% year-over-year increase in bookings and a 60% overall increase in bookings from 2018.
More than 30% of bookings are attributed to new NS1 products and services, which were key drivers behind the addition of 200 new enterprise customers. Additionally, NS1’s expansion in EMEA brought a 200% year-over-year increase in bookings in the region. With 100 enterprise customers, EMEA now accounts for one-fifth of NS1’s customer base.
The explosion of complexity in network and application infrastructure is driving demand for automation and orchestration capabilities. NS1 modernizes application networking by giving enterprise teams solutions to programmatically automate infrastructure management processes required to more efficiently, securely and reliably deliver and scale application and network services.
“Enterprise infrastructure is evolving faster than ever before, and at the center of it all, we find technologies that have existed for decades—DNS, DHCP and IP address management, known collectively as DDI—that are ripe for disruption,” said Kris Beevers, co-founder and CEO of NS1. “It is at this intersection that NS1 has aggressively innovated to meet modern infrastructure demands. By creating solutions that are application-aware and data-driven, NS1 has become a critical tool that brings automation, velocity, and security to modern application delivery and network operations.”
One of NS1’s key innovations in 2019 was the release of NS1 Enterprise DDI. Designed for modern, distributed, application-centric computing infrastructure, it is the only solution with advanced traffic management, rapid data propagation, integration with popular application development and monitoring tools, and an API-first design built for DevOps and NetOps environments.
New features and integrations for NS1’s Pulsar Active Traffic Steering improved how customers measure, orchestrate, and analyze application traffic, and enabled support for complex use cases, such as live media streaming. By collecting and ingesting end-user video performance metrics through an integration with Mux Data, along with real user monitoring (RUM) and network data, Pulsar delivers the most intelligent routing decisions possible.
NS1 also prioritized security innovation with the launch of the Domain Security Suite, which includes several services and capabilities—including DNSSEC and DDoS overage protection—tightly integrated to provide a simplified and unified front against DNS-related threats to applications and enterprises. The company joined the Cisco Technology Alliance and brought its software-defined, API-first approach to DDI behind the firewall to integrate with Cisco Umbrella. This partnership provides high-performance application delivery and network management across the enterprise with security protection that seals off the communication pathways that attackers rely on.
Continued innovation in foundational technologies like DDI was a critical factor behind NS1’s $33 million Series C investment round, led by Dell Technologies Capital, with participation from Cisco Investments and NS1’s existing investors. This round brings NS1’s total funding to more than $85 million.
“By delivering intelligence on the edges of global networks, NS1 is providing safety and performance for edge computing, service delivery, and IoT,” said Dell Technologies Capital Managing Director Tyler Jewell, who joined NS1’s board of directors as part of the funding round. “NS1 is poised for substantial growth as their traffic management solutions are rapidly adopted for microservices, enterprise networks, and multi-cloud systems.”
Partnerships & innovation:
- NS1 completed the acquisition of network performance optimization technologies from Datapath.io, a provider of secure and dedicated full-mesh connectivity across cloud regions and providers.
- NS1 launched a new global channel program and partner resource center for systems integrators, managed service providers and resellers looking to augment their offerings with high-performance application delivery solutions built for modern infrastructure. Among its first 20 partners is Promark Technology, a U.S.-focused distributor and subsidiary of Ingram Micro (NYSE:IM).
- NS1 expanded its suite of integrations to include Kubernetes, Consul, Avi Networks (VMWare NSX), NGINX, and HAProxy. These new integrations allow customers to seamlessly connect industry-leading technologies to improve automation, velocity, and scale for modern enterprise application development and delivery.
- Engineers at NS1 collaborated with experts from Salesforce on the first implementation of multi-signer DNSSEC, which enables the cryptographic signing of DNS records across zones with multiple DNS platforms.
Other points of success:
- NS1’s 200 new customer wins included eBay, Viber, Shopify, TomTom, Kayak, MakerBot and DuckDuckGo.
- NS1 maintained a customer retention rate of 96% and closed 2019 with a Net Promoter Score of 61, which is in the top tier among software-as-a-service companies. A midyear survey of customers indicated a 100% satisfaction rating with NS1 support services.
- In addition to nearly doubling its staff, NS1 expanded its exceptional executive team to include Warren Mead, vice president of channel and strategic accounts; Rob Clifford, vice president of sales for North America; Mark Fieldhouse, general manager for EMEA; Chris Buijs, field chief technology officer; and Jay Liu, vice president of product strategy.
- NS1 launched its “At Home with NS1” program, which includes free white-glove migration services and some contract relief to organizations affected by changes to Oracle Dyn and Verisign DNS Services.
NS1 automates the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its software-defined, next-generation application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM—the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services—to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control in today’s complex, heterogeneous environments. NS1 has more than 500 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, Pitney Bowes, Bleacher Report, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
Look Left Marketing