The Virtual Conference Is Open to All on The NDC Website June 9-11
Sessions Available on YouTube with Japanese and English Translations
Three Sessions Will Be Presented by Nexon’s Embark Studios
TOKYO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NEXON Co., Ltd. (Nexon) (3659.TO), a global leader in Virtual Worlds, today posted the conference schedule for the 2021 Nexon Developers Conference (NDC), Korea’s largest game-industry knowledge-sharing conference. This year’s conference is open to all and will be hosted online at the NDC website: https://ndc.nexon.com/. Sessions will be available on YouTube with Japanese and English translations provided by the service.
The conference schedule was announced by Nexon Korea CEO Junghun Lee and features 49 open sessions on data analysis, programming, visual art & sound as well as business management. Nexon Korea Vice President Dae-hwon Kim will deliver a keynote.
- A newly added session on data analysis which will feature leaders of Nexon Intelligence Labs, NCSoft AI Lab and others who will share examples of using AI and algorithms in game development, plus discussions on designing game servers, usage of cloud and advancing graphics.
- Post-mortem sessions on popular games, including Cookie Run: Kingdom from Devsisters, Blue Archive from NAT Games, and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds from PUBG.
- In-depth discussions on mixed reality, including a session with SK Telecom on creating volumetric video content for mixed reality and metaverses.
- Nexon’s Dae-hwon Kim will discuss The Definition of Games in the 4th Industrial Revolution. His talk will focus on how new technology is changing the form and culture of digital games and presenting new challenges for developers.
- Three conference sessions will be hosted by Nexon’s Stockholm-based, Embark Studios. Team members will share recent insights on photogrammetry, reinforcement learning, and visual arts and sound.
NDC is the largest knowledge sharing conference in the games industry in Korea which started in 2007 and will be held for the 14th year in 2021. Various industry trends, post-mortems, and technology know-how are shared at NDC.
About NEXON Co., Ltd. http://company.nexon.co.jp/en/
Founded in 1994, NEXON Co., Ltd. (Nexon) (3659.TO) is a company engaged in the production, development and operation of online games and Virtual Worlds. First listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in December 2011, Nexon was placed on JPX400 in 2015 and added to the Nikkei Stock Index 300 in 2017. In 2020, Nexon was added to the Nikkei 225. Nexon currently has more than 50 live games on multiple platforms including mobile and available in more than 190 countries. Major game franchises include MapleStory, KartRider and Dungeon&Fighter.
NEXON Co., Ltd. Corporate PR