DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Display Panel Market Size, Share, Trends, By Application, By Panel Resolution By Panel Size, By Display Type, By End-use, and By Region Forecast to 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global display panel market size is expected to reach USD 163.88 Billion in 2030 and register a revenue CAGR of 10.3% over the forecast period, according to latest report. The market is expected to gain significant traction over the forecast period, on account of the rising demand from consumer electronics industry. The product finds its application in televisions, PCs, laptops, and smartphones among others. The product is used as a key display component in these devices.
In recent years, there has been a surge in the demand for consumer electronics globally. This is attributable to the declining prices of these devices and the increasing purchasing power of consumers. The rising disposable incomes and the changing lifestyle of people are some of the other factors that have contributed to the growth of the consumer electronics market. This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for display panels over the forecast period.
The global display panel market is being driven by the ever-growing demand for display panels in various applications such as televisions, smartphones, laptops, and others. The advancement in technology has led to the development of new and innovative display panel technologies, which are being used in these applications. The major players in the market are investing heavily in research and development activities to bring out new products with better features. The competition in the market is intense as the major players are striving to maintain their share.
The new trend of foldable display panels is expected to bring new development opportunities to the display panel industry in 2019. In addition, as the 5G commercial deployment is approaching, the adoption of 5G-enabled smartphones will gradually increase, which is also expected to drive the demand for advanced display panels.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- In July 2021, The TCL Group announced a new product line of display panels at the SID Display Week. The product line includes three types of display panels: LCD, AMOLED and OLED. The company claims that the product line offers the world’s widest color gamut, the highest brightness, and the best contrast ratio.
- The revenue share of the LCD segment is expected to increase at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2021 to 2027. This is due to the widespread adoption of LCDs in televisions, computers, and mobile phones. The TFT-LCD display panel market is estimated to reach USD 92.55 billion by 2027. The OLED segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- The North American market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, on account of the growing demand from consumer electronics and automotive industries in the region. The United States is one of the leading markets for consumer electronics in the world. The growing demand for smart TVs and other connected devices is expected to boost the demand for display panels in the region.
For this report, the publisher has segmented the global display panel market based on application, panel resolution, panel size, display type, end-use, and region:
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Television Sets
- PC Monitors and Laptops
- Smart Appliances
Panel Resolution Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
Panel Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Small and Medium-sized
Display Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Sports & Entertainment
- Defense & Aerospace
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Display Panel Market Segmentation & Impact Analysis
Chapter 5. Display Panel Market By Application Insights & Trends
Chapter 6. Display Panel Market By Panel Resolution Insights & Trends
Chapter 7. Display Panel Market By Panel Size Insights & Trends
Chapter 8. Display Panel Market By Display Type Insights & Trends
Chapter 9. Display Panel Market By End-use Insights & Trends
Chapter 10. Display Panel Market Regional Outlook
Chapter 11. Competitive Landscape
Chapter 12. Company Profiles
- LG Display Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Innolux Corporation
- AU Optronics Corporation
- Sharp Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- BOE Technology Group Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ac6jo9
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900