Triggertrap Mobile Goes Wireless
November 12, 2012 --
London, UK (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
Triggertrap, developer of creative camera triggering solutions for photographers of all skill levels, announced today that its popular Triggertrap Mobile for iOS devices now allows wireless functionality via Wi-fi network. Unique to Triggertrap, this new Wi-Fi triggering technology enables photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-fi network to control the dynamic features of the Triggertrap Mobile app wirelessly from an iOS device. The new wireless functionality is now available as a free upgrade for existing Triggertrap Mobile users and will come standard with any new purchase.
With Triggertrap Mobiles exclusive new Wi-Fi triggering mode, photographers can now trigger their cameras via a Wi-fi enabled slave device that interfaces with the camera through the Triggertrap Dongle, while controlling the camera functionality from a master iOS device. The Slave mode is included both in the iOS and Android app.
Photographers can even wirelessly connect multiple cameras to the same master device. For photographers wishing to use Triggertraps Wi-Fi triggering mode in locations where a Wi-Fi network may not be readily available, a Personal Hotspot created through the master devices data network can easily be used as a substitute.
Theres no denying the immense demand among Triggertrap customers and photographers for wireless triggering capabilities, said Haje Jan Kamps, Founder and CEO of Triggertrap. With our new Wi-Fi triggering mode, were now able to provide a remote triggering capability that is fast, long range, inexpensive, and wont drain the users battery. Needless to say, we are incredibly pleased to introduce this update to the market, and excited to see the creative ways our customers take advantage of it.
Triggertrap Mobile Functionality
Triggertrap Mobile combines the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single, cost-effective application, enabling photographers to take their creative photography skills to the next level. It can be used on its own for more dynamic iPhone photography or, to experience its full capabilities, users can employ the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle to tether their iOS device to a dSLR or advanced compact camera. In addition to its standard remote shutter release, Triggertrap Mobile offers more than a dozen unique and creative triggering functions for digital cameras, all of which can now be controlled wirelessly. Beyond its four wireless remote trigger styles, the creativity-expanding Triggertrap Mobile app includes:
- Multiple Timelapse functions: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or get extra creative: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and finally, TimeWarp, a feature unique to Triggertrap, uses algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
- Sensor Controls: Leverages the smart devices on-board sensors to release the shutter; Sound Sensor Mode uses the microphone to trigger at a set audio level, Seismic Mode fires based on vibrations, bumps or knocks, and Metal & Magnetism Sensor Mode can be used to fire the shutter in their presence
- Facial recognition: Takes a photo once Triggertrap detects the programmed number of faces in the frame
- Multiple HDR Capture Modes: Provides expanded control over bracketed exposures for Long Exposure HDR, or automates Long Exposure HDR Timelapse capture
- DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap, this mode relies on the smart devices on-board GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances
- Motion detection mode: Triggers camera whenever motion is detected in the frame
- Star trail mode: Allows external cameras to automatically take a series of long exposures in sequence to reduce noise
The Premium Triggertrap Mobile App can be purchased on both iOS and Android devices for $4.99, while the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle can be purchased for $24.99. The Triggertrap Dongle is conveniently compatible with over 280 cameras, and with this latest update, Triggertrap Mobile for iOS localized for a series of languages, including French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Norwegian and Dutch. Chinese, Russian and Japanese are expected to be introduced shortly.
Triggertrap Ltd was founded in 2011, and was brought to life through crowd-funding site Kickstarter. Based in Bristol, UK, the companys flagship smartphone-based camera triggering solution, Triggertrap Mobile, has been downloaded more than 75,000 times, and their triggers are in use by thousands of photographers in more than a hundred different countries. Triggertraps entry-level products are a set of affordable hardware and software, which enables photographers to connect their smartphones to their SLR cameras. In addition to the entry-level products, Triggertrap sells a line of more advanced products, aimed at advanced amateurs and professional photographers, in particular for photographers who do high-speed studio- and experimental photography. For more information, please visit http://www.triggertrap.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10113268.htm.