Macworld/iWorld 2013 Kicks Off Next Week in San Francisco with Stars in Film, Music, Art and Technology Headlining the Ultimate iFan Event
Show Features Hundreds of New Products, Experiential Events, and Dozens of Education Sessions, including Surprise Tech Talks with will.i.am and "JOBS" Stars Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad
January 21, 2013 --
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --IDG World Expo today announced that Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, will host two special Main Stage sessions with Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad, stars of the yet-to-be-released "JOBS" movie, and will.i.am, entertainer and creative innovator, who will be joined by Brian David Johnson, a futurist at Intel Corporation. These just-announced talks are in addition to a full slate of content including: special events, such as iNDIE iNNOVATION, the iPhone Film Festival and iPhoneography; a full agenda of Tech Talks; and an expo hall boasting hundreds of companies showing off the latest app innovations, hardware and accessories. More than 25,000 people who use, create and love Apple and Apple-related products are expected in San Francisco to celebrate the convergence of technology, art, business and culture when Macworld/iWorld 2013 opens next week.
Macworld/iWorld 2013 event highlights include:
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities open to all iFan Pass attendees. Featured Main Stage sessions include:
- Just Announced: "Playing Steve & Woz in JOBS: A Conversation with Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad."These two actors take the Macworld/iWorld Main Stage to share their experiences playing the technology industry's two most celebrated and influential personalities, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, respectively, in the upcoming feature film, JOBS. The new film is the story of Steve Jobs' ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of the 20th century.
- Just Announced: "Futurehunting with will.i.am & Brian David Johnson." Hear musician, entrepreneur and philanthropist will.i.am with Intel's futurist Brian David Johnson as they explore the future of technology, creativity and the gadgets we all love.What are the next apps and technologies that will change the world?Where are the next tech and entertainment hot spots? What are the global trends that will shape how and what we design tomorrow? Where has technology exploded the creative process?What kind of future will you create?
- "Q&A with Fred Armisen." Best known as a cast member onSaturday Night Live,co-creator and co-star of IFC'sPortlandia,Armisen is also a technophile. Listen in as he chats with MacworldSenior Editor Chris Breen about how he uses Apple technology to empower his creativity and identifies the products he can't live without.
- "OUT THERE: Behind the Scenes of IFC's newest animated comedy." Hear from Emmy-winning Director and Producer Ryan Quincy and members of his creative team as they share the creative and technical secrets behind how their new animated series, OUT THERE, evolved from a kernel of an idea into a full 10-episode season. The show staff will share video outtakes and clips from the yet-to-air premier episode and discuss their behind-the-scenes creative process followed by live audience Q&A.
- iNDIE iNNOVATION: The Search for Tomorrow's Music Stars. Macworld/iWorld teamed up with Sonicbids to find the hottest up-and-coming bands in the country innovating with Apple technologies. The two finalistsMister Loveless and Exist Elsewherewill square off live on Thursday, January 31 from 4:00pm 5:00pm on the Main Stage. The winning band will perform as the opening act for one of the best live rock n' roll group ever, Little Feat, at the Macworld/iWorld BLAST party on Thursday, January 31, at Mezzanine SF. Tickets for BLAST are now available for just $40. Space is limited.
- The iPhone Film Festival. For the second year, Macworld/iWorld has teamed with the iPhone Film Festival to host filmmakers from around the world as they debut award-winning films and screen never-before-seen movies exclusively for Macworld/iWorld attendees. This year's line-up includes: announcement of the iPhone Film Festival 4 Grand Prize Winner and a chance to view footage from some of this year's top films; the world premier of Departure, a collaborative film shot on iPhones in three separate countries and brought together into one intertwining story.
"Nowhere else in the world and at no other time of the year will you find a larger concentration of Apple fans exploring all the latest products and celebrating all the ways that technology impacts, informs and inspires us," said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld/iWorld. "From Technorati to consumers to Hollywood stars who use Apple technology in their personal and professional lives, Macworld/iWorld brings together enthusiasts from all walks of life. In our 29th year of hosting the event, we have never been more excited about presenting all the ways that Apple and the world of innovative Apple-related products are changing the creative landscapea phenomenon that will be on full display for four days next week."
Additional Event Highlights
Macworld/iWorld each year serves as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. More than 100 productsmany of which are making their debut in 2013will be highlighted as part of the unique First Looks program, which showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans and makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
Expo Hall: A Universe of Products in One Place
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 expo hall will feature close to 300 exhibitors and developersmore than 40 percent of which are first-time exhibitorsshowcasing the latest hardware, software and accessories for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. The show floor also includes Appalooza, one of the most popular areas of the show floor, where developers will showcase hundreds of the latest iOS and OSX apps creations. Exhibiting companies include: Moshi, Que Publishing, Scratch Tracks, Kanex, Other World Computing, Polk and Innovative Properties Worldwide.
Attendees will have access to hundreds of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths throughout the show floor, including show special product offers available exclusively to Macworld/iWorld attendees. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Macworld magazine "Best of Show Awards"
Presented by Macworld magazine, the "Best of Show Awards" will recognize the best products making their debut at the show. Submissions are being accepted through January 25 at: http://www.macworld.com/article/2023995/macworld-iworld-2013-best-of-show-call-for-submissions.html. Winners will be announced on February 1 at 3:00 pm PT on the Macworld LIVE Stage.
Macworld/iWorld 2013 Show App
Macworld/iWorld has released the official Macworld/iWorld Mobile Event app, developed by Active Network, Inc. The comprehensive iPhone/iPad app allows users to find detailed info about sessions, check out speaker bios, explore the exhibitor list and navigate the show floorall from their fingertips! Plus, new features enable users to develop their network and interact with fellow attendees via social media and the new Macworld Connect. The app is now available as a free download in the App Store.
Macworld/iWorld takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. From today through January 30, fans of technology, film, photography, music and the art can get the event's popular iFan Pass for just $100, a $25 savings on on-site pricing. The iFan pass provides access to all Tech Talks, including Main Stage sessions, the Expo Hall and the LIVE Zone for all three days of the event. Also available are Expo Hall passes for Apple product lovers who simply want to browse and/or purchase new products on display; the Expo Hall pass is just $25 through January 30 and $45 on-site. Register now!
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance toexperience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorldwill take place January 31 February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Anime Expo, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved