Tensilica's Leadership in Mobile Audio/Voice and Baseband IP Cores Demonstrated at Mobile World Congress 2012
February 22, 2012 --
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/12 -- Tensilica®, Inc. today announced that it will demonstrate its leadership in mobile audio/voice and baseband hardware and software IP (intellectual property) processor cores at stand #1F39 at the Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona (February 27 - March 1, 2012). Tensilica's DPU (dataplane processor units) IP cores have recently been designed into leading-edge designs from infrastructure providers (for macrocell, picocell and femtocell basestations) as well as handset providers for audio, LTE radio, Bluetooth and other functions.
"Tensilica has established leadership in LTE baseband PHY and MAC with multiple design wins in LTE-Advanced and mass production for LTE smartphones, tablets and dongles," stated Jack Guedj, Tensilica's president and CEO. "Moreover, our audio and voice IP cores, with over 90 software packages, continue to dominate the mobile, automotive and home entertainment markets by offering the best combination of performance, power efficiency, solution completeness and audio/voice quality," he added. "All Tensilica products are backed by our state-of-the-art tools for ease-of-programmability and can be customized to enable feature expansion or differentiation."
Baseband Solutions on Display
The most exciting event at Tensilica's stand #1F39 in Hall 1 will be the live demonstration of the simultaneous download of two 1080p HD movies plus an uplink stream from a video camera. These streams are transmitted using Tensilica's Atlas LTE eNodeB platform and received using Tensilica's Atlas LTE UE (user equipment) SPRs (software programmable radios). This showcases how Tensilica's multi-core reference platforms can offer both flexibility and low power while performing LTE eNB and UE transmit/receive functions in real time, with processing strength to spare. This demonstration uses Tensilica's kernel library and LTE software from partner mimoOn.
Another highlight of the show will be the emergence of multiple handsets using Tensilica's DSPs (digital signal processors) and DPUs to perform the LTE functions for the NTT DOCOMO LTE network in Japan. Tensilica plans to demonstrate Fujitsu's ARROWS Tab LTE F-01D Tablet PC and a variety of smartphones now on sale in Japan. Tensilica's DPUs have been employed by NTT DOCOMO and its partners Fujitsu, Panasonic and NEC for Japan's LTE designs, with over 4 million Tensilica cores shipped in LTE handset designs in 2011.
The #1 Audio/Voice DSP Family
Tensilica will demonstrate its recently introduced HiFi 3 Audio DSP, which provides over 1.5x performance for voice and audio post-processing over existing solutions and is supported by the 90+ software packages provided by Tensilica and its extensive ecosystem partners. Tensilica will also show speech recognition with a demonstration of Sensory's TrulyHandsfree Voice Control and an Android demonstration of low-power audio decode offloaded to HiFi DSP.
Other HiFi Audio DSP demos with key industry partners include:
- Acoustic Technologies' SoundClear audio enhancement software will be demonstrated on Maxim's MAX98095 SmartCODEC, which employs Tensilica's HiFi Audio DSP. This demo performs 2-mic noise elimination when connected to a GSM module and smartphone to make live calls.
- QSound's QVoice suite of proprietary voice enhancements for echo cancellation and noise suppression and microQ software for 3D audio, stereo expansion, treble and bass boost, and reverb.
- AM3D's Zirene audio enhancement with stereo expansion, treble and bass boost, virtual surround and reverb and Diesel Power Mobile for 3D audio.
- SRS Labs TruGaming 3D audio and WOW-XT for stereo expansion and treble and bass boost.
Tensilica is scheduling private meetings and in-depth discussions at MWC. If interested, please email email@example.com.
Tensilica, Inc. is the leader in dataplane processor IP cores. Dataplane processors (DPUs) are a superset of DSPs and CPUs that can scale from tiny micro signal processors to programmable offload accelerators and powerful DSPs. DPUs deliver 10 to 100x the performance because they can be optimized using Tensilica's automated design tools to meet specific and demanding signal processing performance and efficiency targets. Tensilica's DPUs power SOC designs at many Tier 1 system OEMs and seven out of the top 10 semiconductor companies for designs in mobile wireless, telecom and network infrastructure, computing and storage, and home and auto entertainment. For more information on Tensilica's patented, benchmark-proven DPUs visit www.tensilica.com.
- Tensilica and Xtensa are registered trademarks belonging to Tensilica, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- Tensilica's announced licensees include: Afa Technologies, ALPS, Aquantia, Astute Networks, Atheros, AMD, Avision, Bay Microsystems, Brocade, Broadcom, Cavium, Chelsio, Cisco Systems, CMC Microsystems, Conexant Systems, Design Art Networks, EE Solutions, Epson, Fujitsu Ltd., Fujitsu Semiconductor, Huawei, iBiquity Digital, Ikanos Communications, Intel, Juniper Networks, LG Electronics, Lucid Information Technology, Marvell, Maxim, NEC Corporation, Nethra Imaging, Novatek, NuFront, NXP, Olympus Optical Co. Ltd., Panasonic Mobile, Plato Networks, PnpNetwork Technologies, PowerLayer Microsystems, QLogic, Samsung, Shanghai High Definition Digital Technology Industrial Corporation SiBEAM, Sirius XM Radio, Sony, Stretch, TranSwitch Corporation, Triductor Technology, Valens Semiconductor, Validity Sensors, VIA, Victor Company of Japan (JVC), and Wolfson Microelectronics.
Copyright @ Marketwire