Bitdefender Recognized Under XDR, EDR and EPP Categories in 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Endpoint Security Report
Bitdefender GravityZone Platform Goes Beyond Endpoint Security To Deliver Strong Cyber Resilience Across the Entire Environment
BUCHAREST, Romania & SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Bitdefender, a global cybersecurity leader, is pleased to announce that it was recognized in the December 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Endpoint Security¹ report across multiple categories. The report tracks the innovations that aid security leaders in protecting their enterprise from attacks and breaches. Among the categories tracked by Gartner, Bitdefender was recognized in extended detection and response (XDR), endpoint detection and response (EDR) and endpoint protection platforms (EPP).
According to Gartner, “Security risk leaders must prepare to select next-wave technology to continue to protect endpoints from attacks and breaches.” The report notes, “To counter advanced targeted attacks, it becomes crucial to correlate data from the endpoint and elsewhere when threat hunting. For a second time, XDR emerges in the Hype Cycle with signs of becoming mainstream.” We believe Bitdefender’s recognition across the XDR, EDR and EPP categories demonstrates the GravityZone platform’s ability to effectively combine advanced threat detection with cross-endpoint correlation, rich security context and risk analytics for superior visibility and protection across endpoints, productivity applications, clouds, identity sources and network data, all within a single, unified view.
According to the report:
- Extended Detection and Response (XDR) –“XDR products reduce the total cost of managing security incidents, improve incident response teams’ efficiency and improve an organization’s risk posture. Effective XDR deployments enable faster, automated detection of threats and shorter response times via automated actions. XDR tools offer deep integration with other security tools and can coordinate response actions across them. Fully cloud-native XDR platforms should cost less to host and manage than the tools they replace or consolidate.”
Additionally, the report goes on to say, “XDR platforms appeal to resource-constrained organizations of all sizes in all industry sectors, due to their ability to automate time-consuming processes, shorten detection and response times, and generally require less maintenance.”
- Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) –“EDR is a must-have protection layer for all sectors and must be applied to all devices and servers that connect to corporate systems or handle data. Early detection and rapid response are critical for dealing with the latest threats and stealthy exploits that can evade traditional detection. EDR is a mandatory security control required by cyber insurers and regulatory bodies, and some EDRs provide basic cost-effective ransomware insurance.”
- Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) –“Defending against evolving attacks, EPPs are evolving to include endpoint detection and response (EDR) capabilities. EPP is considered fundamental security hygiene for all organizations and is fully deployed on 99% of enterprise endpoints.”
“The increased complexity and frequency of cybersecurity attacks, the ongoing threat of ransomware, the continuation of remote work, and the cybersecurity skill shortage have merged to create unparalleled challenges for security leaders at businesses of all sizes and across all industries,” said Andrei Florescu, deputy general manager and senior vice president of products at Bitdefender Business Solutions Group. “We believe this report defines what leaders must consider when addressing those challenges and highlights innovative technologies that have become mission critical for any business. Bitdefender’s presence across numerous categories in the report proves the effectiveness and value the GravityZone platform delivers by providing advanced threat prevention, detection, and response across an organization’s heterogeneous environment with an easy-to-use single platform.”
In addition to the 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Endpoint Security report, Bitdefender was also recently recognized in the XDR and EDR categories in the 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Security Operations² report; the 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Midsize Enterprisesᶾ report; and the managed detection and response (MDR) category in the Gartner report Emerging Tech: Adoption Growth Insights for Managed Detection and Response.
- Learn more about the Bitdefender GravityZone XDR platform and download a complimentary copy of the 2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Endpoint Security report here.
- Get started today with a free EDR trial or view the GravityZone XDR demo video.
¹Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Endpoint Security, 2022”, December 19, 2022.
²Gartner, “Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022”, July 5, 2022.
ᶾGartner, “Hype Cycle for Midsize Enterprises, 2022”, July 11, 2022.
GARTNER is registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and HYPE CYCLE is a registered trademark of Gartner and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Bitdefender is a cybersecurity leader delivering best-in-class threat prevention, detection, and response solutions worldwide. Guardian over millions of consumer, enterprise, and government environments, Bitdefender is one of the industry’s most trusted experts for eliminating threats, protecting privacy, digital identity and data, and enabling cyber resilience. With deep investments in research and development, Bitdefender Labs discovers hundreds of new threats each minute and validates billions of threat queries daily. The company has pioneered breakthrough innovations in antimalware, IoT security, behavioral analytics, and artificial intelligence and its technology is licensed by more than 150 of the world’s most recognized technology brands. Founded in 2001, Bitdefender has customers in 170+ countries with offices around the world. For more information, visit https://www.bitdefender.com.