Get your hands on gadget insurance!
March 08, 2012 --
(PRWEB UK) 8 March 2012
Tesco Compare now offers consumers gadget insurance as the comparison site joins forces with providers, Protectyourbubble.com and Gadget Cover.
The move marks Tesco Compares continual drive to add new partners and services that will give consumers greater choice when looking for deals on insurance, money and utilities products. Protectyourbubble.com and Gadget Cover have been providing insurance for many years, offering cover for devices such as iPhones, sat navs, video cameras, iPads, games consoles and iPods in the event of theft, loss or damage.
Typical types of insurance available from the providers include cover for multiple gadgets, and usage abroad - which can be individually-tailored.
Vikki Macleod, Tesco Compares Commercial Director, said: We are pleased to be working with both providers. Alongside giving a broader selection of services, we are introducing people to more bespoke forms of insurance. Gadgets are expensive to replace and mean a lot to people. Thats why consumers can search for a gadget insurance deal.
People are carrying around more gadgets than ever before increasing the risk of theft, loss and breakage. Gadgets, particularly mobile phones, are vital to people and an integral part of their life. Whether the gadget is a laptop, smart phone or camera, many people have at least one gadget they rely on considerably. Insurance can ease the financial burden if someones beloved gadget is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged.
Vikki Macleod summed up: Teaming up with both providers underlines our commitment to expanding our offering alongside our existing services. Introducing people to gadget insurance demonstrates our dedication to evolving with the needs of the modern customer.
Why not get your hands on gadget insurance? Look for a deal on http://www.tescocompare.com/gadgets/gadget_insurance.shtml
For media enquiries please contact:
Gemma Whitton: 0131 203 5516, or email gemma.whitton(at)tescobank(dot)com
Notes to editors: Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited (trading as Tesco Compare) is part of the Tesco Personal Finance Group Limited, the financial services arm of the UKs number one supermarket chain, which is fully owned by the Tesco Group. Tesco Personal Finance Compare Limited, registered in Scotland No.318925. Interpoint Building, 22 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
- Tesco Compare is a comparison site, based in the UK. Since our launch in 2007, our business activities have extended to facilitate the introduction of a wide range of comparison services.
- Our own principal comparison services are for car and home insurance to which we compare over 60 and 20 providers respectively.
- Products compared by third party suppliers include: Money (credit cards, loans, mortgages, current accounts and savings accounts). Insurance (business, life, van, motorbike, travel and health). Utilities (broadband, mobile broadband, home phone, digital TV and gas & electricity). We also provide customers with links to pet and breakdown insurance providers.
- Our aim is to introduce customers to fair prices and deals from a range of leading brands.
- We believe that comparison sites should be about more than just the lowest price so our comprehensive comparison service helps you search and compare a wide range of products and providers by feature as well as price.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9262509.htm.