Protect Your Bubble Shares Five Things Everyone Should Know Before International Travel this Winter
January 02, 2013 -- !-- AddToAny BEGIN -->
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) January 02, 2013
Those planning an international trip should prepare well in advance for as many contingencies as possible. Protect Your Bubble, travel protection brand, has a list of five essential tips for those going internationally for business and pleasure.
- Educate yourself before leaving Spend some time researching the destination. Is it safe? How widely spoken is English? Also, find out if vaccinations are necessary and if so, which ones. Its also advised to find the countrys U.S. Consulate location in advance, as well as contact the bank to update them that youll be traveling internationally. This will ensure the bank doesnt assume the purchases made overseas are fraud. A bit of planning beforehand will make for a much more entertaining and less stressful trip.
- Keep money and valuables hidden Pickpockets, thieves and general muggers love tourists who do not speak the language, have no idea how to contact police and make easy targets. Small passport bags (also called money belts) which hang loosely in front and can be hidden inside a shirt are the best and safest way to travel. A few companies make theft-resistant bags and are not a bad idea if regular travel overseas is planned.
- Buy a charger adapter Many other countries use different electrical outlets from the US. The outlets are also vastly different depending on the destination, so investing in an adapter is a good idea to charge phones, cameras and other electronic gadgets while abroad.
- Take some currency The main branches of most banks will have the ability to change currency. The currency exchanges in the airport are frequently higher on rates than smaller, local exchange rates. Having a bit on hand makes for easier transfers at taxis and subways, so plan ahead well in advance before leaving. Learn exchange rates before leaving also, as they do change frequently.
- Buy insurance A small purchase can pay huge dividends if a flight has to be canceled, baggage is lost or a medical emergency transpires. Besides, what is a few extra dollars on a trip of a lifetime, except peace of mind.
When planning your winter travel plans, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit us.protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and
travel - all for todays modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Protect Your Bubble USA
press (at) protectyourbubble (dot) com
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10257679.htm.