New Year Brings New Content, Entertainment and Innovative Programs for Macworld/iWorld 2013
Distinguished Educator Showcase, New Tech Talks, Art and Music Events Round Out Agenda Bursting with Innovation and Creativity and Set the Stage for the Most Dynamic iFan Event Yet
January 10, 2013 --
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, kicks off in just three weeks and IDG World Expo today announced additional new content and highlights that complement an already full agenda of education, innovation and experiential elements. These include: the Apple Distinguished Educator Showcase, additional Tech Talks, Digital Art Gallery, iPad Sketch Station, China Innovation Forum, finalists for the Indie Innovation contest and Macworld LIVE. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. Register now!
New content and highlights include:
Distinguished Educator Showcase
The extraordinary community of Apple Distinguished Educators will come together to give attendees the opportunity to hear from inspiring teachers and administrators about how they are transforming the classroom through the use of Apple technologies. The event, produced by Computer-Using-Educators (CUE), will take place Saturday, February 2, and include sessions such as: The Future of Learning: Tech That! Extending Student's Digital Environment into the Classroom, Accessing Abilities, and Closing the Loop, Transformation Solutions with EdTech Vision, Professional Development and the Apple Ecosystem. Check out the full schedule here.
Additional Tech Talks
The Macworld/iWorld 2013 agenda boasts more than 60 new educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities open to all iFan Pass attendees. Several new Talks covering a wide range of issues and questions were recently added, including:
- "iPhoneography - Meet the Mobile Masters," taking place on the Main Stage, is a rapid fire session during which attendees will hear the condensed essence of what makes iPhoneography unique and why it's bending photography in a dramatic new direction. The viewpoints will be from a diverse, experienced group of leading iPhoneographersincluding Jack Hollingsworth, Russell Brown, Richard Gray, Karen Divine, Dan Marcolina, Glyn Evans, Knox Bronson and Jessica Zollmanand will frame the movement where it is today and where it is headed in 2013 and beyond.
- "Tech vs. Wild: Surviving Your Next Campout (and Other Natural Disasters) with High Tech Gear," with Chuck La Tournous of RandomMaccess who will take attendees through a fun, fast-paced look at the gadgets that can turn you into a cross between Bear Grylls and MacGyver.
- "iCloud, App Stores and other Things to Fear: Has Apple Forgotten Power Users?" Lex Friedman of Macworld headlines a panel of experts who will explore whether Apple is phasing out its support for power users. The panelists will discuss these serious issues facing Mac users today, and attempt to decide whether we should worry about our future as power users on the Mac.
- "Art Goes Digital," a special session with Alan Oppenheimer of Art Authority who will review some of the major developments in the digital art revolution and seek to answer questions such as: are we moving towards an iTunes of art? And what issues will we encounter along the way?
- "Software, Hardware and Flying to Mars. How We Built, Programmed and Operate NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover," with Ben Cichy, James Kurien and David Oh of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, who will share their first-hand stories about how they built and operate the Mars Curiosity Rover.
- "Getting Cozy with Siri" with Joe Kissell of TidBITS will demonstrate many of Siri's clever and less-than obvious effort-saving capabilities, and show attendees how to make the most of this impressive technology. Joe will also talk to some of Siri's competitors and demonstrate a few ways in which they go beyond Siri's current capabilities.
- "Future Tech: Amazing Student Tech Projects," with Bill Wiecking of Hawaii Prep Academy who will talk about how a select group of international students is creating the future of tech with OSX and iOS.
- "iPad Integration for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)," a special session with Mark Mautone of the Hoboken School District who will provide a comprehensive insight into how the iPad is used to educate individuals with ASD's.
- "Troubleshooting iCloud" with Tom Negrino of Backup Brain, who will demonstrate how to tame iCloud on your Mac and iOS devices. Learn tips and tricks about Documents in the Cloud, synchronizing data across all devices, working with iTunes Match and troubleshooting sharing media.
Come be dazzled in 5 minutes over and over again! Macworld/iWorld's RapidFire is all about getting "to-the-point" and teaching our audience one cool thing, really quickly and really effectively. Join Dan Moren of Macworld as he introduces each presenter to tackle one little known or little understood feature, one confusing concept, or one new approach and see if they can beat the clock to get you the data that matters. Open to all iFan Pass holders.
Digital Art Gallery
Part of this year's LIVE Zone, the Digital Art Gallery will feature digitally-created artwork from artists hand selected during a competitive online submission process, as well as from the winners of an iPhoneography social media contest. The 2013 Gallery will highlight the work of Craig Abaya, a San Francisco artist and concert photographer who also films musical artists in performance and conversation. While his roots are in the analog realm, today he photographs, films and records digitally every step of the way and uses tools of the trade ranging from MacBook Pro and Mac Mini to Aperture, Adobe Photoshop, Logic Pro and Garageband. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
iPad Sketch Station
Part of this year's LIVE Zone, the iPad Sketch Station gives attendees the chance to watch talented and experienced artists draw and design art on their iPads in front of a live audience. Sponsored by KiwiPixel and Procreate, the iPad Sketch Station will feature the work of amazing iPad artists including:Thierry Schiel,a professional digital artist, animator and international award-winning film maker from Luxembourg; Luis Peso,a professional digital artist, musician and goldsmith from Spain; and Jonathan Gesinski, a professional storyboard artist working primarily in the film industry, advertising, video games and illustration. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
China Innovation Forum
Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, the China Innovation Forum, co-hosted by IDG World Expo China and TechNode will bring together more than 100 entrepreneurs, executives, developers, investors, thought leaders and industry experts from China and Silicon Valley to explore and define opportunities and challenges within the tech industry. Open to all iFan Pass attendees.
iNDIE iNNOVATION: The Search for Tomorrow's Music Stars
Macworld/iWorld teamed up with Sonicbids to find the hottest up-and-coming bands in the country innovating with Apple technologies. After several rounds of fan voting, the two iNDIE iNNOVATION finalists have just been announcedMister Loveless and Exist Elsewherewho best embody the use of Apple products in the creative process. The finalists will square off live on the Main Stage at Macworld/iWorld on Thursday, January 31 from 4:00pm 5:00pm, with the winner performing as the opening act for one of the best live rock n' roll bands ever, Little Feat, at the Macworld/iWorld BLAST party on Thursday, January 31 at Mezzanine SF. Tickets for BLAST are now available. Macworld/iWorld attendees will have the first option to purchase tickets for just $40. Space is limited.
Hosted by the editors of Macworld and Macworld.com, the Macworld LIVE stage, located in the LIVE Zone, will feature exclusive coverage, interviews, demos and commentary from the world's largest Apple-related extravaganza. Attendees can stop by and participate as the live audience for segments that will be viewed by Mac fans the world over on Macworld.com.Topics covered will include everything from gaming and art to publishing and the state of Apple. Check out the full lineup and schedule here. Open to all Macworld/iWorld attendees.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance toexperience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorldwill take place January 31 February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Anime Expo, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved