Factbox: Advice from 'Dear Abby' columnist Pauline Phillips
US-DEARABBY-PAULINEPHILLIPS-QUOTES:Factbox: Advice from 'Dear Abby' columnist Pauline Phillips
(Reuters) - Examples of the pithy advice that columnist Pauline Phillips, who wrote under name Abigail Van Buren, gave readers of her Dear Abby column":
* "A bad habit never disappears miraculously; it's an undo-it-yourself project."
* "If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders."
* "People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes."
* "The less you talk, the more you're listened to."
* "If you want a place in the sun, you've got to put up with a few blisters."
* "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles."
* "There are two kinds of people in the world - those who walk into a room and say, 'There you are' and those who say, 'Here I am.'"
(Editing by Vicki Allen and Bill Trott)