Digimarc's End-to-End Retail Solutions Drive Greater Efficiency and Engagement
Showcases Progressive Partner Ecosystem at NRF 2017
January 11, 2017 -- !-- AddToAny BEGIN -->
BEAVERTON, Ore. and NEW YORK, Jan. 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- NRF Booth #4402 At this year's National Retail Federation (NRF) "Big Show," Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC) is highlighting its expanding universe of retail solutions, all of which are built on the Intuitive Computing Platform (ICP), a suite of technologies helping retailers improve front-of-store efficiency, promote omni-channel sales, improve shelf program compliance, and enhance loss prevention efforts. Digimarc will be showcasing numerous demonstrations of its growing partner ecosystem and the integration of Digimarc technology into every stage of the value chain. The 2017 NRF show is being held at the Javits Center in New York City, January 15-17.
Booth demonstrations will highlight Digimarc's partnerships with leading scanning and machine vision systems, enabled variable measure devices, and major product packaging print partners. Enhanced packages of retail customers, such as Wegmans Food Markets and New Seasons Market, will be on display. Visitors can participate in a friendly scanning competition, with a real-time leaderboard and daily prizes for the fastest scan.
Demonstrations of Digimarc technology will be featured in the Digimarc Booth #4402 and in several partner exhibits at the show including:
- Improving Product Identification for Retailers with GS1 US: Digimarc and GS1 US have a broad collaboration to help the industries served by GS1 US to make effective use of Digimarc Barcode.
- Serialization and Track and Trace Solutions featuring Link Technology from HP Inc. (Booth 2543): Serialization and track and trace solutions for counterfeit deterrence and brand protection.
- Variable-Weight Solutions from Bizerba (Booth 3783): Many grocery purchases involve variable-weight items, such as deli meats and seafood. Bizerba, a leading manufacturer of retail scales, slicers and weigh-price labeling equipment for grocery, will demonstrate variable-weight product labels enhanced with Digimarc Barcode.
- Efficient Inventory Management featuring Bossa Nova: The Bossa Nova robot will be at the Digimarc Booth demonstrating its ability to accurately monitor on-shelf inventory with Digimarc Barcode.
- Direct Store Delivery featuring Scandit: Scandit provides rapidly deployable mobile data capture solutions for retailers that now include the capability to read Digimarc Barcodes. Digimarc is working with Scandit on their Flow Platform to build enterprise mobile apps for barcode scanning.
- Interactive Price Checking & Consumer Engagement with Aila Technologies (Booth 1236): Aila is a maker of barcode scanning hardware for use on Apple mobile devices. Aila utilizes Digimarc's mobile SDK and will demonstrate their Interactive Scanning Kiosk in the Digimarc booth.
- Enhanced Packaging: Digimarc Barcode-enhanced product packaging from brands such as Wegmans, New Seasons, Perrigo, Kimberly Clark Depends, GI Joe's Coffee, Allerpet and Plastipak will be on display.
- Front-of-Store Efficiency Featuring Retail Scanner Solutions: Leading original equipment manufacturers (OEM) will have demonstrations of the latest in-counter and handheld scanners including:
- Datalogic (Booth 3827): Datalogic was the first manufacturer to implement and deploy Digimarc Barcode, and will showcase the latest in retail scanners, industrial mobile computers, and handheld scanners.
- NCR (Booth 3405): NCR helped pioneer the first barcode scanners in 1974, and will feature new offerings at NRF that support 1D, 2D, mobile barcodes, and Digimarc Barcode.
- Honeywell (Booth 3163): Honeywell will feature its latest Xenon 1902 handheld scanners including Digimarc Barcode scanning capabilities to help retailers improve cashier safety and checkout times.
- Zebra (Booth 1603): Zebra offers fully-integrated solutions, including Digimarc-enabled in-counter and handheld devices, that significantly reduce checkout time by increasing the average number of items scanned per minute.
- Consumer Engagement featuring Shazam: The Digimarc platform provides unprecedented consumer engagement via smartphones. One of the world's foremost discovery applications for smartphones, Shazam has integrated Digimarc Discover software to create "Visual Shazam" as part of its Shazam for Brands solution - turning what customers see into opportunities to explore, engage and purchase products with their smartphones. Examples of Shazam's visual activations by leading brands will be showcased in the Digimarc booth.
Digimarc Corporation (NASDAQ: DMRC), based in Beaverton, Oregon, is the inventor of the Digimarc Discover® software featuring the imperceptible Digimarc Barcodes for automatically identifying and interacting with virtually any media. The platform enables industrial scanners, smartphones, tablets and other computer interfaces to reliably, efficiently and economically identify traditional barcoded items, along with many other media objects. Digimarc Barcodes are imperceptible to people and do all that visible barcodes do, but perform better. These remarkable capabilities have allowed Digimarc and its business partners to supply a wide range of patented consumer engagement, media management and security solutions across multiple consumer and government industry sectors. Digimarc owns an extensive intellectual property portfolio, with patents in digital watermarking, content identification and management, media object discovery, and intuitive computing more generally. For more information and the latest news, please visit www.digimarc.com and follow on Twitter at @Digimarc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/digimarcs-end-to-end-retail-solutions-drive-greater-efficiency-and-engagement-300389165.html
SOURCE Digimarc Corporation
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved